Transparency at the Committee of Advertising Practice
The Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) and the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (BCAP) are not designated “public authorities” for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Nevertheless CAP and BCAP have made a commitment to being a transparent organisation and will voluntarily:
- Publish some of the information a public authority would be obliged to make public.
- Consider requests for the disclosure of unpublished information including under other applicable information rights legislation.
Guide to Information about the Committee of Advertising Practice
We voluntarily publish a range of information on our website about who we are and our policies.
1. Who we are and what we do
2. What we spend and how we spend it
3. Our priorities and how we are performing
4. How we make decisions
5. Policies and procedures
6. Lists and registers
7. The services we offer
If you would like to submit a request for unpublished information, please email email@example.com, or send a letter to Transparency, Committee of Advertising Practice, Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6QT.
Please ensure you include:
- your name
- the organisation you represent (if any)
- your email address or postal address
- your daytime telephone number (optional)
- and a description of the information you would like.
Enquiries made on behalf of an organisation should provide a named contact. Providing a phone number may help us answer your question quicker, particularly if it is unclear to us. Replies will be sent by email or (if specified) by conventional post.